Supertech pistons are manufactured from extruded high silicon, enhanced 4032 alloy that has very low thermal expansion while providing excellent wear resistance and higher thermal conductivity.
What gives supertech pistons the gray appearance :
A phosphate dry lubricant coating is applied to pistons to protect against ring micro welding and enhance skirt lubrication.
- Forged from enhanced 4032 alloy and CNC machined
- Contact reduction grooves are standard
- Honed & reamed pin bores and precise fit
- High tensile strength and evenly distributed hardness
- Withstands up to 42psi of turbo boost, w/alcohol, w/out any problems
- A 2 or 3 forging steps process yeilds a fine structural grain oriented in fibers in the same direction of the stresses.
- Wrist pins are constructed or cold extruded chrome molly steel for high strength to be used with the wire clip locks.
- Quality Control is performed after every step of the manufacturing process in climate controlled environments to ensure reliability of dimensions
- Wrist pins and wire locks are included.
Supertech applies over 40 years of experience in designing and manufacturing high performance racing pistons. Each piston is designed utilizing the latest in CAD software and finite element analysis (FEA) and manufactured from enhanced 4032 alloy. This material features low thermal expansion, excellent wear resistance and a higher thermal conductivity. All of our pistons are created using a 2 or 3 step forging process (depending on the application) which yields the finest structural grain orientation and the strongest piston possible.
Each piston then goes through several heat treatments to ensure high tensile strength and evenly distributes hardness. From there several machining steps take place on specifically designed CMC machines to ensure flatness of the ring grooves.
All supertech pistons feature contact reduction grooves and honed & reamed pin bores for a precise fit.